Sunday 26 February 2012

The Mad chair Lady

Well it's official i have now been titled by my gorgeous daughters - "The Mad Chair Lady."

To be honest i wasn't quite sure why they thought this until they dragged me into my studio and quietly counted the amount of chairs ready to be restored.  They were right.  I had an obsesssion with finding the worst chairs from the worst places and challenging myself to recreate beautiful furniture art or turning ugly ducklings into princesses.

I must admit they were right and at present I am very fustrated as i can't go about revitalising these found chairs because of the rain and fog out here in Cabarlah.  Most of them need to have the old paint stripped off them or sanded back and under coated awaiting the master painter ( my darling partner Wayne ) .

soooooo its a waiting game , however the end result is always worth waiting for.

I am in the process of revamping 6 new chairs and cant wait to show them off... Stay tuned.  Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment